Monday, February 18, 2008

Sleeptalking, Sleepwalking... Sleepdancing?

[Resuming Transmission]
....20080218233913............

Continuing Analysis on Subject: AARM0196-M

Resuming in 3... 2... 1...

By now it was about 2:30AM. I was dozing off, but still curious about the sleepwalking, sleeptalking business. With nothing but an insatiable curiosity, I went to his room again. I needed to find out more about whatever was going on in his mind. Phones and Bubbles. Phones and Bubbles...

"Alan", I said silently by his bed. "Alan, wake up, I got the phone and some bubbles". I snickered. As I waited for some response, I decided to move him around, he was deep asleep. "Alan, wake up, I have the phone and the bubbles" I repeated again, somewhat louder than last time. Finally, a response.

He started to move around his arms, as if pushing something. I keep replaying those moments in my mind, and can't help but wonder if he was mimicking moving a boulder. "Hold on", he replied, and immediately added "Let me finish doing this". His hands continued to move in an upward motion, moving his right hand up, then down as he moved his left hand upwards as well, doing some sort of a circular motion.

"Doing what", I asked him. As usual, I received no response, so I asked again "What are you doing?". He replied "Can't you see? I'm doing this", as he said the last words, he continued to move around his arms. I decided it was time for a change of tactics. "How can I help you?" I asked him. "Wait, I'm almost done", he answered as he put his arms besides himself. He was still asleep, and I was still curious, but the night was getting the best out of me. I waited what seemed to be 30 minutes but was actually 30 seconds. "Done?" I asked him. He gave out a huge *sigh*, breathed deeply, and said "Huh?". He was waking up, and thats something I didn't want.

As I left his room I kept on thinking what had happened that night. But first, I had to get a good night's sleep.

Its finally time to catch some Z's...

[Transmission Concluded]
-Zed

1 comment:

JacquelineB. said...

i've never sleepwalked
i've fallen off the bed, yelled when having a bad dream, hit or kicked someone, among other things
sleepdancing? ha, how interesting
i dance in my dreams... does that count?

and yes, i've had that feeling. very rare.