Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Of Phones and Walkers

[Initiating transmission]

Transmitting data.... on 20080212225205.....

Subject: AARM0196-M

Introduction:
I knew that the subject was a sleeptalker, he often spits out random phrases, and quite often you can engage a conversation with him while asleep.

What I didn't know was that he sleep-walks too.....


Contents:
It was a dark and gloomy night. I was spending the night fixing bugs and testing my apps as usual, when the subject showed up right by my desk. The time was 23:46. The room was well lit, which must have caused him to have his eyes half-open, I assumed.

He approached me and said "I need a phone". Confused, I asked, "What do you need a phone for?", and he quickly replied "I need a phone, please". Please. That should've made me notice that something was wrong, but because I was either too caught up with work, or just didn't care I didn't notice at that moment. I asked again, "Who are you going to call in the middle of the night?", he replied "Forget it", turned around, and left.

After he left, I started asking myself what could he have wanted a phone for, so I grabbed my cellphone and went to his room, and found him in deep sleep. I pressed a few buttons on the phone so the screen would light up, and aimed it at his eyes. With the other hand, I moved his eyelids as to expose the naked eye to the light. No response.

And thats when it hit me... He's a sleepwalker...


To be continued...

[Transmission interrupted]


Time to catch some Zzzz..
-Zed

No comments: